The Role of the PTA
The PTA (Parent Teacher Association) is a link between the parents, governors, teachers and community with the common aim of wanting to create the best possible learning environment for the children.
The PTA's principle role is to help put the 'cherry on the cake' for the children at school by raising funds and organising social events and fun activities; and of course doing it whilst having fun along the way! EVERY parent with children at the school, along with school staff, are members of the PTA and it is hoped that they will get involved to some degree during the course of their children's attendance at the school whether it be on the committee, helping out at events or just attending events to help make them successful.
The Objectives of the PTA
- To be goodwill ambassadors for the school.
- To be a fundraising body for school projects.
- To be responsible for organising social events and fun activities for the children, parents and the local community.
- To be responsible for providing a support role to the school when the wider community is involved.
- To provide links between parents, teachers and children, and the local community.
- To act as a consultative body when necessary and appropriate.
PTA meetings are advertised in our weekly newsletter and on our Facebook page (where you can also find up to date events and meeting minutes)- please come and join us!
There are nearly 3,000 retailers including Amazon, eBay, John Lewis, Aviva, thetrainline Asda, Tesco and Sainsbury’s, who will donate a percentage of the amount you spend to say thank you for shopping with them.
It’s really simple, and doesn’t cost you anything! All you have to do is:
1. Go to:
2. Sign up for free
3. Get shopping – your donations will be collected by easyfundraising and automatically sent to St Hilary School PTA. It couldn’t be easier!
If you shop on your mobile or tablet, get the free easyfundraising app and you’ll never miss a donation.
To get it, visit the App Store or Google Play and search for ‘easyfundraising’ or find out more here: www.easyfundraising.org.uk/raise-more/easyfundraising-app
There are no catches or hidden charges and we will be really grateful for your donations which will go towards activities and equipment that will benefit YOUR child.
Thank you for your support, St Hilary School PTA